Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fables

Driving from Concord to Hooksett last night to cover Elizabeth Edwards' visit I hit a bit of a snag. I failed to write down the second turn from my gmaps directions so I wound up cruising back and forth along the Londonderry Turnpike for thirty minutes, trying different turns and asking directions a few times before finally getting back on the track. I was a regular Driver 8.

Ironically I had been listening to R.E.M.'s Fables of the Reconstruction the entire way down, and putting my brain to work toward conjuring up an extended metaphor for John Edwards' campaign based upon the track listing.

Turns out, having left behind my Maps and Legends, Cant Get There from Here was a perfect description for my own travels. But instead when I'm needing inspiration, Plymouth is where I go.

At any rate, I am Feeling Gravity's Pull toward a swim in the Pond before I'm back down to Manchester for another turn with Congressman Jay Inslee (D-WA), in the state today to address environmental issues for Senator Clinton.

Earlier this morning we toured a LEED certified dorm at PSU. Sustainablity? Now that's Life and How to Live It.

No comments: