Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Huckabee Wearing More Pieces of Flair than the Rest of the Field

Snow Pond, NH -

Let John Edwards have all the washed up rockers he wants, Huckabee has the washed up, trashy, fake fighting actors on his side. As if Chuck Norris wasn't tough enough, The Huck now was "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair pulling for him. Flair decided today to endorse the Arkansas governor, and will tailgate with him this weekend in South Carolina. As if a fist for a chin wasn't punishment enough for Huckabee naysayers, now they have the figure four leg lock to contend with if they give him too much lip.

Coincidentally, Flair was one of the most easily hated wrestlers around back in the late 80s and early 90s when I used to follow the "sport" for his over the top demeanor, general arrogance, and way-too-flamboyant robes. That said, I became a big fan once Flair turned into a bad guy, to the point that I labeled half of my sophomore year trigonometry math assignments with the moniker "The Nature Boy" instead of my actual name. Further coincidence, it would be still another three years from that time that I would become a true nature boy and lover of my own existence in the true natural form.

Does this mean that Huckabee will now support "nature boys" or enjoy increased fundraising from Arkansas nudist colonies? Does it mean that now all of the sudden men who wear flowing, sparkly robes will flock to Mr. Federal Gay Marriage Ban? I'm not saying adult wrestling fans are secretly partially gay or anything, because I think the answer to both those questions is "no". I'm just saying, I'm thrilled that my boy Ric Flair is endorsing at this stage, and furthermore that it is being covered on CNN.

In the immortal words of the Nature Boy, "Wooooooooo!!!"

This of course leaves us with two final questions.

1) Who will Hulk Hogan endorse?

and

2) Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on your candidate?

No comments: