Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Grim Preacher

Snow Pond, NH -

Mike Huckabee may be appear to be the most jovial and happy-go-lucky of all the candidates, but today I realized that the fire and brimstone nature of preachin' hasn't entirely left him. Witness what are, arguably, the three most high-profile jokes of Huckabee's campaign jokes to date:

1) 3/2/07 - Washington, D.C.

“I was the first governor to have a conceal-carry permit, so don’t mess with me.”

2) 9/29/07 - Londonderry, NH

"Frankly if I had to raise the kind of money, and if I spent that kind of money, and I wasn't any higher in the polls, I'd go home and cry my eyes out tonight."

3) 10/10/07 - Little Rock, AR

"If I were some of these guys [referring to GOP rivals], I'd have to be sitting in a warm tub of water with razor blades."


So we're talking about a guy who threatens people with his gun, worries about severe depression and considers suicide as a potential tactic to deal with stress. My kind of guy!!

I should reiterate that these are three nuggets pulled out of more than half a year of serious campaigning, but nevertheless warrant mentioning. What also warrants mentioning is that they are all fantastic jokes! Keep 'em coming, Mikey!

No comments: