Friday, July 13, 2007

Clinton Set List 7/13

NASHUA, NH -

I decided to spend less of my usual article detailing the musical selections of the campaign stop, and instead give it it's own section. Without further ado, here is how it went down in the Nash today:

Vertigo - U2
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - BTO
Beautiful Day - U2
Heroes - David Bowie
Start Me Up - The Rolling Stones
Conga - Gloria Estefan
Oye Como Va - Santana
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty
I'm Like a Bird - Nelly Furtado
Free Ride - Edgar Winter Group
Takin' it to the Streets - The Doobie Brothers
Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
You and I - Celine Dion (official campaign song)
and
Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones (unofficial campaign song)

What a gamut of emotions! I was initially critical of the repeated U2 choices, then immediately uplifted by David Bowie (wow!) before being stopped in my tracks by Gloria Estefan. Although, to its credit, it made a bunch of hippie older women and all the babies dance. All in all, more variety than I would have expected, and not as bland as Obama's. At least he played Steve Winwood. (yes, I plan to evoke that moment as much as possible between now and January.)

No comments: