Thursday, May 24, 2007

Everybody's Rockin'

There has been some rough chatter on Iraq lately, what with the new authorization bill coming up. As John Kerry puts it, "I’m voting no on this bill. I’m tired of the false choices of Republicans and all the recycled spin of old battles and the political calculations that do nothing for our troops who bear the real costs of this war. Bottom line: we support the troops by getting the policy right, and this bill doesn’t do that." Giuliani, who doesn't vote, put it to another non-voter, saying that John Edwards (like many other Dems) is in denial. But certainly the most prescient attack came at the hands of Ron Paul, who held a press conference to educate Mr. Mayor himself on 9/11 policy. Paul suggested that Giuli read the following books:
Blowback” by Chalmers Johnston, “Dying to Win” by Robert A. Pape, “Imperial Hubris” by Michael Sheuer (former head of the C.I.A.’s Osama bin Laden Unit), and of course The 9/11 Commission Report.
Best of all is that he called out Rudy for claiming not to have heard of Paul's assessments. As I mentioned earlier this week, that's a bunch of hooey. Witness the following youtube video from the Domenation series for some more background.



"I don't think he's qualified to be president," Paul said of Giuliani. "If he was to read the book and report back to me and say, 'I've changed my mind,' I would reconsider."

1 comment:

CB said...

Obviously you know I agree with 100% of everything I've heard from Ron Paul so far, but he still amazes me every time I watch him. I recently saw an interview with Sean Hannity (who is a bad interviewer and a complete asshole but we all know that) and Ron Paul answered some tough questions like it was no thang. "Mad props" to that. It just saddens me how he is constantly attacked when he has such a clear head on every issue and really knows how to explain his position and backs it up so smoothly compared to everyone else. But hey, it makes him look the winner every time! Ron Paul is right, the Republican Party will lose the nomination unless they back out of the war. Thats it. Also, I love those dork interviewers in that clip. Its like a meeker mr black production!